There’s nothing quite like catching the sunrise on the runway at Tampa International Airport. That view is even better after you’ve worked up a sweat overthe course of a few miles. Every year, Tampa International Airport’s 5k on the Runway benefitting United Way Suncoast brings 2,000 eager runners and planespotters to the airport. The next iteration is set for Saturday, April 6.
Gates open at 6am on race day, and runners offiicially move to the starting line at 7:20am. Spots are super limited, so recommend you register ASAP. Not in Tampa? Sign up for the Virtual 5K. You pick the path and run when it’s convenient for you. We will mail you an awesome TPA 5K shirt with our new finisher medal in April.
The race takes place on Tampa Bay Blvd – off Dale Mabry. Parking Directions are available at 4001 W. Tampa Bay Blvd. Visit the official race website.
the best large airport in North America according to JD Power, has celebrated the launch of multiple new nonstop flights:
- Alaska Airlines: Daily flights to San Diego
- Spirit Airlines: New flights to Charlotte
- Breeze Airways: New flights to Pittsburgh
- Frontier Airlines: Nonstop flights to Caribbean Beaches
- Porter Airlines: Nonstop flights from Tampa to Toronto
What to read next:
- Mardi Gras returns to Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
- The top major festivals happening in Tampa in 2024
- Katt Williams returns to Tampa this February
- Tampa has one of the hottest housing markets in America
- Guide: The return of the Florida Strawberry Festival