Tampa International Airport (TPA) is the best large airport in the country, according to a recent ranking from JD Power. This is the second year in a row that JD Power threw such high praise at our local travel hotspot. Tampa International Airport soared in the rankings thanks to strong scores across all factors. Public art, a robust food and beverage program, superb customer service, ample amenities pre- and post-security, and a deluge of international routes all make TPA stand out among the pack. This is in addition to the improvements being made to the facilities year after year. We can’t wait for Airside D to arrive.
The J.D. Power North America Airport Satisfaction StudySM measures passengers’ satisfaction with their airport experience among Mega-, Large-, and Medium-size airports in North America. The study provides actionable insights that can support industry stakeholders in improving their performance and passengers’ overall airport experience.
TPA continues to surge in popularity
“We know what Tampa International Airport does well, regardless of any scores or studies, but the J.D. Power top ranking for two years in a row demonstrates that our passengers recognize it too,” TPA CEO Joe Lopano said. “As we continue to expand and adapt to meet the needs of our growing region, we hope to maintain this legacy of excellence for generations to come.”
Objectives of the study include:
- Quantifying the factors that drive overall satisfaction among North American air travelers
- Establishing the relative importance of each factor to overall satisfaction
- Determining the performance of Mega-, Large-, and Medium-size airports in North America
- Identifying areas of strength and weakness for each North American airport examined
- Developing a prioritized action plan for improvement
The North America Airport Satisfaction Study provides access to the insights and tools needed to gain a comprehensive, in-depth understanding of how your airport is performing and to identify critical areas needing improvement.
Study based on more than 27,000 customer surveys
“What makes TPA special is the love and support we’ve received from our travelers, residents and airport partners over the years, so this No. 1 spot truly belongs to all,” Lopano said. “We’re proud to represent our region with back-to-back J.D. Power wins as we continue to shine along with our incredible Tampa Bay community.”
Now in its 18th year, the study is based on 27,147 completed surveys from U.S. or Canadian residents who traveled through at least one U.S. or Canadian airport and covers both departure and arrival experiences (including connecting airports) during the past 30 days. Travelers evaluated either a departing or arriving airport from their round-trip experience. The study was fielded from August 2022 through July 2023.
More TPA Travel News:
- Porter adding new nonstop flights to Toronto
- TPA’s flamingo sculpture wins major design award
- Lynx launching nonstop service to Montreal
- Breeze Airways continues major TPA expansion
- TPA now has 10 nonstop flights to the Caribbean