The Tampa Riverwalk is home to the magical Holiday Spectacular, which officially kicked off on November 25 with the lighting of a 35-foot-tall Christmas tree floating in the harbor. Visitors can explore the charming Winter Wonder Wharf at Sparkman Wharf, traverse the riverwalk to Winter Village at Curtis Hixon Park, and wind up on the lawn at Armature to admire the trees on the lawn. According to USA Today voters, it is the 9th Best Public Holiday Display in America.
- Bentleyville ‘Tour of Lights’ – Duluth, Minnesota
- Chickasha Festival of Light – Chickasha, Oklahoma
- Circle of Lights – Indianapolis, Indiana
- Holiday in Paradise – West Palm Beach, Florida
- Festival of Lights at The Mission Inn Hotel & Spa – Riverside, California
- Johannessen Lights – Winter Park, Florida
- Christmas Town USA – McAdenville, North Carolina
- Light Up the Holidays – Altamonte Springs, Florida
- Holiday Spectacular presented by Mosaic – Tampa, Florida
- The Miracle on South 13th Street – Philadelphia, Pennslvania
The Riverwalk becomes aglow with festive lights and decorations, and the entire area of Water Works Park sees strings of lights draped on the oak trees, along with unique floating displays like gingerbread houses or toy trains set in the adjacent river. You can jump on a Pirate Water Taxi for the best views.
The shade structures along the Riverwalk are also illuminated in red and green lights, and the space along The Sail Plaza is populated with jubilant decor.
Our centrally located Winter Village, which is complete with an outdoor skating rink, igloos, and a symphony of lights in the park. Check our Holiday Events Guide for even more holiday cheer.
What to read next:
- Huge New Year’s Eve Parade in Tampa
- Catch holiday movies under the stars in Tampa
- Jingle Bell Bazaar takes over Historic Ybor City
- Florida’s first snow park is officially open
- The top holiday events in Tampa