Here’s the scoop: The Revolution Ice Cream is one of the best sweet spots in the city of Tampa. Their rotating roster of flavors is remarkable, and when they make cold brew floats we are there. Sometimes you need more than just a small fix of handcrafted ice cream. Sometimes you want to put your appetite to the test. Sometimes you want to see if you can handle an unruly, unyielding brain freeze. Welcome to the ultimate food challenge in Tampa: The Anarchy Challenge. Could you eat an entire gallon of ice cream in 30 minutes? That amounts to 6 pounds of dairy joy.
The challenge features 24 total scoops of ice cream. You pick the flavors and prepare for the ultimate, cold, creamy endeavor. It’s an Aggro Crag of ice cream (that one is for all you 90s kids who loved GUTS). Those who conquer the Anarchy Challenge at Revolution Ice Cream usually do so with just seconds to spare.
If the ice cream gets the best of you, then it will cost you $29+ tax; however, if you manage to complete the challenge, then the 24 scoops are on the house.
Revolution Ice Cream currently operates three locations across the Tampa Bay region:
- Brandon, 220 W Brandon Blvd Brandon
- Seminole Heights, 6701 N Florida Ave Tampa
- South Tampa, 4032A W Kennedy Blvd. Tampa
Top tier flavors include buttered pancake, bacon brittle, chocolate habanero, a Chardonnay caramel brownie variety, Nutella, crunchy peanut butter, mint chocolate chip, banana pudding, and salted caramel coffee. You can see a full menu on Revolution Ice Cream’s website.
This Tampa shop also makes ice cream pies, and offers the best waffle cones, and waffle bowls in the state of Florida.
More ice cream shops to explore:
- Chill Bros Ice Cream debuts new Water Street location
- Frozen Stiffs is Tampa’s Ice Cream Hearse
- Enjoy ice cream stuffed donuts at this new hotspot
- Experience Oddfellows Ice Cream in Hyde Park
- Mayday Ice Cream makes its Ybor City debut
- Bright Ice expands to Marriott Water Street Tampa
- TeaStori is Tampa’s wild Mochi Ice Cream bar
What to read next:
- The Strawberry Hut is the sweetest roadside stop in Florida
- World renowned Belgian chocolate shop opening in Wesley Chapel
- First ever Honeymoon Island Fall Festival announced
- ROOST opens its largest boutique apartment hotel in Water Street Tampa
- Flipn’ Fries Factory opens at The KRATE
- Tampa launches little skimmer boat to clean local waterways