Publix just opened a fancy new grocery store in Wesley Chapel. You’d assume the huge deli counter, or second-floor mezzanine seating area would have stolen the show during its debut. Nope. Instead, a massive, oversized shopping cart car pulled into the parking lot to hype up the new store.
The car itself had gone viral on TikTok – because only in Florida are you going to see a big green shopping cart rolling through the suburbs.
According to Publix, the vehicle will be used at store openings in the future, though no date have been confirmed as to when or where it will appear next.
“The giant shopping cart was a hit at the grand opening of our new Wesley Chapel location,” a Publix spokesperson told WOFL. “While it’s only used on a limited basis for now, you never know where it might roll up!”
Now we have to ask the big question: Can we get a giant pub sub to fit inside of that cart?
The new Wesley Chapel Publix is located at 32265 Overpass Rd at Innovation Springs.
What to read next:
- Tampa Taco Fest returns to Al Lopez Park
- Giant Breakaway Music Fest takes over Raymond James Stadium
- Two-day chocolate festival arrives in Tampa Bay
- Massive lunar new year celebration planned for the Heights District
- River O Green Fest is back this March