In an effort to further prevent the spread of COVID-19, the City of Tampa will again distribute 355,000 FREE face coverings at four Parks & Recreation locations. Residents can pick up 2 face coverings per person; no ID is required.
From Thursday, December 3 through Saturday, December 5 (while supplies last), free face covering pick-up will be available at the following locations from 8:00 am – 5:30 pm:
- Himes Ave. Complex – 4501 S. Himes Ave
- MacFarlane Park – 1700 N. MacDill Ave.
- Al Barnes Park – 2902 N. 32nd St.
- New Tampa Community Center – 17302 Commerce Park Blvd.
“The continued use of face coverings is critical to flattening the curve of COVID-19 in our community. It’s important that we remain vigilant in our safety precautions and practice those simple healthy habits to protect not only just ourselves, but all our loved ones and community members around us,” said Mayor Jane Castor.
Businesses can request to pick up the necessary quantities of face coverings for staff and customers. Businesses within the City of Tampa limits who wish to secure face coverings should email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Company Name
- Company Contact (first and last name)
- Full address of company (including zip code)
- Company Contact phone number
- Preferred location to pick up (Al Barnes, Himes Sports Complex, Barksdale Senior Activity Center at Macfarlane Park or New Tampa)
- Date of pick up (12/3, 12/4, 12/5)
- Quantity Requested
This is the second opportunity for City of Tampa residents to receive free face coverings. City of Tampa staff distributed over 400,000 face coverings to the community in June 2020.