The announcements continue to roll in for the hotly anticipated Heights Public Market concept. Following the reveal that Empamamas and the Surf and Turf Food Truck would be the first residents of the pop-up stall, HPM shed light on a planned sushi concept.
Zukku, a Japanese word meaning canvas, will serve poke bowls, sushi rolls and sushi burritos.
Major economic impact anticipated for mixed-use development
The entire Heights redevelopment plan spans 43-acres along the Hillsborough River between North Boulevard and North Tampa Street.
The entire development is centered around Armature Works, a 73,344 SF building that will house a market with local food vendors. The building will also be home to the co-work space on the second floor.
Restaurants pull ingredients from rooftop herb garden
The inspired culinary concepts have led to the creation of a rooftop herb and vegetable garden. Here, the chefs and restaurateurs will be able to hand pick the ingredients at their restaurant. As the concept develops, The Heights plans to add an even larger vegetable garden to accommodate the litany of food concepts.
The Heights Public Market will feature an open floor plan with communal seating surrounded by restaurant stalls featuring the top chefs in the Tampa Bay region. Restaurant and retail concepts include:
- Ichicoro Ramen – Authentic ramen bar
- Union by Commune + Co. – Coffee and tea bar
- Fine & Dandy – Craft cocktail bar
- BnB – Butcher and BBQ spot
- AVA – Authentic wood fired pizza
- Swami Juice – Cold pressed juice bar
- Inside the Box – Contemporary Americana sandwich shop with grocery market
- Show + Tell – Interactive cooking classroom
- Atlantic Beer and Oyster — Riverfront oyster bar
- O Cocina Taqueria — Modern Mexican cuisine
- Cru Cellars — Tampa Bay’s best wine bar
- Graze 1910 — Refined American fare with all-day breakfast
- A.W. Mercantile — General store featuring all local hand makers
- With four more stalls to be announced in the near future.
- Empamamas — Not so basic empanadas
- Surf and Turf Food Truck — Bringing the beach to you.