Get ready for the best night parade in the south. The Krewe of the Knights of Sant’ Yago Knight Parade is an annual celebration of Tampa civic pride since 1974 — and the 2023 edition is set for February 11 at 7pm. Every February, costumed participants, illuminated floats, marching bands and special guests parade through Ybor City, with thousands of spectators and families lining Seventh Avenue. More than 100 organizations will participate in the Knight Parade, including local government officials and dignitaries and many of Tampa Bay’s krewes.
The Krewe of the Knights of Sant’Yago Illuminated night parade is a family-friendly event. The streets of Channel District and Ybor City come ablaze when hundreds of floats masked with lights and loaded with bands of pirates fill the streets. This celebration was voted the largest and most beautiful night parade in the South and one of the top 10 parades in the Southeast by Suncoast Magazine.
Guests will witness a celebration featuring the Grand Marshal, Luiz “Gonzo” Gonzalez, Florida Sports Hall of Fame baseball player, Tampa native, and Jefferson High School graduate. It will also feature special guest Steve Wilkos, host of “The Steve Wilkos Show”, one of daytime television’s most popular programs.
Those interested in attend can reserve a bleacher seat in advance online.
What to read next:
- First look inside Brightline’s new Orlando station
- The Rollin’ Mullet opens in February in Seminole Heights
- Florida State Fair announces new rides and wild desserts
- Innings Music Festival takes over Raymond James Stadium
- Photography museum opening in historic Ybor City
- Codeboxx transforms Tampa into a major tech hub
- The Gasparilla Pirate Fest Guide