Tampa is a super dog-friendly city, and very soon a pop up park for pups will arrive just outside Sparkman Wharf right next to their pretty pink “Tampa” installation. The Barking Lot’s debut date is set for February 4, with an opening celebration from 10am-noon at 615 Channelside Drive. It’s the perfect prelude to the upcoming Bark in the Park event at Curtis Hixon later in February.
Currently a fence is up around the area that will serve as a new lounge and hangout spot for dog owners. A giant “coming soon” banner currently greets passersby on the Streetcar and those making use of bike and scooter share in the city. The debut will complement a slew of new additions to Sparkman Wharf.
These new additions include the arrival of Ferrel Alvarez’s Lunch Lady, a new gourmet sandwich shop slinging the best shredded beef sandwich in town. That sandwich shop is situated right next door to his other Sparkman restaurant Dang Dude. Pro tip: get the ube bubble tea.
A chef with experience inside Michelin-starred restaurants also made the move to Tampa and opened a high-end hot dog shop at Sparkman. JoDog’s kimchi dog is one of the best things I’ve eaten in 2022.
Follow Sparkman Wharf on Facebook and Instagram to keep up with the latest neighborhood news and events.
What to read next:
- First look inside Brightline’s new Orland station
- The Rollin’ Mullet opens in February in Seminole Heights
- Florida State Fair announces new rides and wild desserts
- Innings Music Festival takes over Raymond James Stadium
- Photography museum opening in historic Ybor City
- Codeboxx transforms Tampa into a major tech hub
- The Gasparilla Pirate Fest Guide