Tampa loves the Tampa Bay Lightning. Residents also adore Amalie Arena. In addition to showcasing the Bolts during the NHL season, the arena hosts the NCAA tournament, mega concerts, and live performances. Amalie is also at the heart of the emerging Water Street Tampa neighborhood. The folks over at ESPN recently took their drone through the massive arena and gave guests a wild look at what goes on behind the scenes.
The video start with the drone hovering above Amalie before making a graceful lid through our tall sticks of fire, and again between the raised arms of the Stanley Cup Statue outside the stadium. The drone proceeds to smoothly fly through the passenger and then driver-side window of a Ford.
From there, the drone flys through confetti launched by Thunderbug. The video highlights the Lightning locker room, the rink, and all that goes into making each lightning game special. You can watch the full video on ESPN’s Twitter.
Upcoming events include Disney on Ice, John Mayer, Bon Jovi, and Elton John. You can see a full events list on Amalie’s website.
What to read next:
- Shake Kulture brings gourmet shakes and popcorn to the city
- Tropical tiki bar, Mint, brings Miami vibes to Tampa
- Jo Koy brings comedy world to Tampa this March
- Florida’s first indoor Nerf arena opens in Lakeland
- Tampa Treasures: Mr Pincho’s authentic Puerto Rican cuisine