Hyde House Public Studio (1646 W Snow Avenue) is set to make art dreams a reality at its new Dalí exhibition coming soon to the intimate Hyde Park Village gallery space. Salvador Dalí’s Solo Exhibition: Editions of the Surreal at Public Studio officially opens on February 17. Visitors can view Salvador Dalí’s work with surreal immersive projection mapping, and drinks provided by Dark Door Spirits and Miami Club Rum.
This is a ticketed event, and those interested in attending can reserve their spot in advance online. Here’s a quick breakdown of what’s available:
- $50 Ticket for Opening Night Reception. Includes: First look at the Salvador Dalí solo exhibition, premium open bar by Dark Door Spirits, immersive projection mapping throughout the gallery, and a Dalí in video experience
- $50 Ticket Opening Weekend Evening Guided Tour (7pm – 10pm). Includes: A guided first look at the Salvador Dalí solo exhibition with the Gallery Director, Complimentary Champagne, immersive projection mapping throughout the gallery, and a Dalí in video experience
- $25 Ticket Opening Weekend General Admission (12 – 6pm). Includes: First look at the Salvador Dalí solo exhibition, immersive projection mapping throughout the gallery, and a Dalí in video experience
Celebrating the iconic Dalí in Hyde Park Village
Instantly recognizable due to his waxed, upturned mustache, Salvador Dalí is one of the absolute legends of modern art. He is one of the 20th-century avant-garde Surrealist movement icons, whose dreamlike images, birthed from the depths of his unconscious, were deployed in paintings, sculptures, prints, fashion, and film.
Dalí’s catalogue of work aligns with the mission of Public Studio, which is to foster great conversations and provide a space for inspiration and artist innovation. Spanning more than 2,000-square-feet, Public Studio features gallery space, and state of the art facilities for videography, photography, and content creation.
Ahead of the exhibition’s debut, Public Studio and Hyde House will host a romantic Dalí-inspired dinner. The feast costs $250 and will feature an open bar, live music, and a three-course dinner to enchant all of your senses.
Inspire your imagination at Pubic Studio
In case you need a Dalí refresher: Dalí was born in Figueres, Catalonia, and from a young age had displayed sensitivity and a sharp perception and vivid imagination that would be apparent within his artworks. He conjured childhood memories and employed religious symbols and Freudian imagery, such as unconventional staircases, keys, and dripping candles, to create unexpected art pieces.
His hyperrealism is characterized by Surrealist symbols and concepts that are far from what’s seen in reality. His most recognizable painting, The Persistence of Memory (1931), depicts the fluidity of time through melting clocks, inspired by melting Camembert cheese in the sun. Dalí’s artistic genius, eccentric personality, and the eternal quest for fame made him a global celebrity. In his own words: “Each morning when I awake, I experience again a supreme pleasure,” he once said. “That of being Salvador Dalí.”
Get your tickets for this special opening reception online.
What to read next:
- First look inside Brightline’s new Orlando station
- The Rollin’ Mullet opens in February in Seminole Heights
- Florida State Fair announces new rides and wild desserts
- Innings Music Festival takes over Raymond James Stadium
- Photography museum opening in historic Ybor City
- Codeboxx transforms Tampa into a major tech hub
- The Gasparilla Pirate Fest Guide