Kojak’s house of ribs was one of the top BBQ joints in the entire region. Back in May 2021, it was announced that it would close its original location at 2808 W Gandy Boulevard. Don’t fret BBQ lovers, it’s coming back. Kojak’s will open February 1 at 1809 S Parsons Avenue in Seffner. The team made the official announcement on Facebook.
This BBQ haven has been family owned and operated since 1978. Kojak’s prides itself on its menu. Enjoy homemade eats from Cole Slaw to Mama’s Chocolate Cake (World Famous)! She also has an unparalleled homemade fresh Apple Cake, exquisite with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream on top. Other items include BBQ Beef & Pork – lean, tender, and juicy, BBQ’d in Kojak’s zesty BBQ sauce. Pulled Pork, Kojak’s latest addition to the Menu, tender and juicy – sure to become legendary.
The name “Kojak’s” comes from Bill (JW) Forney who was chief of detectives in Midwest City, Oklahoma (A Super Sleuth!). Although he left the police force and went into the BBQ Business the name stuck. He opened his place in the early 70’s and called it House Of Ribs right across from Tinker A.F.B in Midwest City. His brother, Bud Forney, opened this BBQ Rib House in Tampa and used Bill’s special recipe for the spare ribs, thus “Kojak’s House Of Ribs.
We would not be surprised to see long waits on opening day. So, if you’re interested in placing an order tomorrow, make sure to call ahead (813) 324-8371.
What to read next:
- Esports Academy opening in South Tampa
- Walk-On’s opening massive restaurant in South Tampa
- ACM Barber Studio opens in Tampa
- Firestone Grand Prix returns this February
- Flip Crepes and Waffles opening in downtown St. Pete
- New Black Love Film Series arrives at Tampa Theatre
- The Tampa Date Night Guide
- PHOTOS Inside the new 26,000-square-foot GreenWise Market in Water Street