813 day is almost here! To celebrate, the city of Tampa has partnered with Sparkman Wharf to transform the vibrant pink Tampa sign into an interactive chalkboard wall just waiting for your love letters. Your photos in front of this sign will also provide a boost to Keep Tampa Bay Beautiful. Sparkman Wharf will donate $5 to the non-profit for every picture they are tagged in on social media.
This August 13 celebration is just a celebration for the day that matches our city’s area code. 813 Day is special because it’s the one day of the year that matches Tampa’s area code. The Identity Tampa Bay has lined up special with area restaurants, including American Social and Park & Rec, for Tampa day specials throughout the week.
Here’s the full announcement from Sparkman Wharf:
“When we say Tampa, you write Bay! In celebration of 813 Day, show us what you love about our city on our iconic TAMPA sign. Sparkman Wharf will donate $5 (up to $1,000) to Keep Tampa Bay Beautiful for every photo taken in front of the TAMPA sign and posted on IG from August 8 – 13.
- 1. Snap a photo with the TAMPA sign
- 2 Tag Sparkman Wharf
On Saturday, August 13, hang out with us and enjoy local bands, photo ops, and 813 Day specials at select concepts.”
The city of Tampa also just ranked as one of the best places to live in the US, so there’s much to celebrate this week.
What to read next:
- The Strawberry Hut is the sweetest roadside stop in Florida
- The Florida aquarium launches underwater walking tours
- You can now take a brunch cruise in Tampa
- Superhero pizza and arcade opens in Clearwater
- Enjoy breakfast with elephants this August at ZooTampa
- Carnival food drive-thru opens in Tampa
- Former head pastry cook of a Michelin star bakery opens sweet shop in Tampa
- SeaGlass Tavern is building the most beautiful restaurant in Tampa