Hillsborough County’s first MetroLagoon is opening in Wimauma’s Southshore Bay communityon Friday, May 13. The MetorLagoon’s seven acres of crystal-blue waters, sandy beaches, and a wide range of activities like paddleboarding, kayaking, floating adventure course, and family beach, create a coastal lifestyle experience without leaving South Hillsborough’s suburbs.
At 12 million gallons, the lagoon holds water equivalent to almost 900 regular swimming pools. The lagoon depth ranges from shallow water up to about 14 feet deep so there are areas for people of all ages and stages to enjoy.
SouthShore Bay will host lSouthShore Bay will host live music, movie and trivia nights, outdoor yoga classes, and other events at the MetroLagoon event pavilion and stage. Southshore Bay is the second MetroPlaces community in the Tampa Bay area to feature this transformative amenity. The region’s first MetroLagoon opened in Epperson, near Wesley Chapel, in 2018.
The location features a fun inflatable obstacle course, gorgeous cabanas, opportunities to paddle board and kayak, and myriad spots to simply unwind. Don’t forget to visit the lagoon bar. You can learn more by visiting the lagoon’s website.
16881 Lagoon Shore Blvd, Wimauma, FL
What to read next:
- Capriotti’s brining massive cheesesteaks to Tampa Bay region
- Tampa Riverfest 2022 brings multi-day festival to Tampa Riverwalk
- Carrollwood’s first microbrewery opening this summer
- Artist renderings provide glimpse at the future of the Howard Frankland Bridge
- Massive carnival planned for Armature Works in Tampa Heights