The Salty Donut will be popping up in Hyde Park Village on Saturday, November 19 for the neighborhood’s Holiday Happening and famous annual Tree Lighting. The event will take place from 4pm-9pm transforming Hyde Park Village into a holiday market with live entertainment, bites and brews, visits with Santa and more.
Tampa locals and visitors will have the chance to get their hands on The Salty’s signature, decadent donuts and craft coffee while enjoying the holiday celebration. The Salty will be selling donuts from its classic camper, a nod to the Miami-based brand’s early beginnings, when it was a weekend pop-up in Miami parking lot. On the menu for the pop-up:
- Traditional Glazed
- Brown Butter + Salt
- Guava + Cheese
- Pumpkin Spice French Toast
- Dark Chocolate + Passion Fruit (Vegan)
- Gluten-free Sticky Toffee
The Salty’s popular coffee staples will also be on sale. This sweet shop is slated to open a brick and mortar location in Hyde Park Village in early 2023 at 1519 W Swann Avenue. For real time updates on the opening, follow The Salty on Instagram.
Salty’s shop menu also includes a vegan cinnamon roll donut, and a gluten-free sea salt and chocolate chip donut. We can’t wait to see those on the menu in our fine city. The entire concept began way back in 2014. Before there was a brick-and-mortar, owners Amanda Pizarro and Andy Rodriguez were renting space in a commissary kitchen and popping up at Miami events in a 1950’s vintage aljoa camper. The pair had then, and maintains today a fierce passion for a damn. fine donut.
Other must-try donut destinations in Tampa:
- Simply Done Donuts
- Craving Donuts Food Truck
- The Fryroom at The KRATE
- Supernatural Food & Wine
- HaleLife Bakery (Gluten-free & Vegan)
What to read next
- Taylor Swift brings world tour to Tampa
- Seminole Heights Sunday Market returns this November
- Ballard Designs opening in Midtown Tampa
- Snowcat Ridge, a real snow park, reopens this November
- The Blend opens coffee shop in Tampa
- Top new restaurant in Tampa: Chanko in Seminole Heights