A Michigan-based wing spot is expanding into the city of Tampa. Detroit Wing Company (DWC) is centered around the company’s passion for the food they serve (and for delivering sweet heat to diner). DWC currently offers 20+ signature chef-driven sauces made from fresh, high-quality ingredients. In the past, DWC has been named “Best Wings in Michigan” by national outlets such as Buzzfeed, Esquire Magazine, Men’s Health, and MSNBC. They’re ready to open their first ever Florida spot at 5006 E Fowler Avenue on February 18.
Detroit Wing Company is offering some major prizes for opening day. Doors open to the public officially at 11am:
- FIRST 25 people in line are entered to win FREE chicken wings for a year *Terms and conditions apply*
- FIRST 100 people in line get a FREE limited edition DWC Baseball Hat.
- FIRST 300 people in line get a FREE 6 piece chicken wing and fry combo. Valid once per guest. (Promo ends at 300 guests or 2pm whatever reaches first)
Detroit Wing Company brings the heat to Tampa
Their menu includes wings, boneless wings, chicken tenders, and vegan tenders. If you’re hungry for fries, they have you covered too. This restaurant offers DWC Poutine featuring beef gravy and cheese curds, in addition to melted cheddar fries and seasoned fries. DWC also serves up cornbread sugar cookies which I am infinitely curious about, as well as cornbread bites and triple chocolate chip cookies.
As far as sauces go, they can tantalize your taste buds with mild or scorching hot sauces. Lighter inclusions on the menu are honey bbq, teriyaki and a lemon pepper rub. Moving up the heat scale you can test yourself with hot garlic, whiskey bbq, and Asian orange.
DWC operates more than 30 restaurants between Michigan, Ohio, and soon Florida. See a full menu on Detroit Wing Company’s website.
What to read next:
- Tampa fish market makes the best crabs on the planet
- Inside Bouzy, a new champagne bar in Tampa
- Gasparilla Festival of the Arts takes over Julian B Lane Park
- The Best Chicken Wing spots in Tampa, according to our readers