Gorkhali Himalayan Restaurant Tampa is up there as one of the hottest new restaurants in the city. It’s garnering five-star reviews left, right, and center, and represents the realization of a long held dream for the owners. You love to see it. Realizing limited options of Himalayan flavors around the Tampa Bay region, four friends began hatching a plan for a kitchen all their own. Just severe]al weeks ago, the team served their first customers.
“We are locally owned and dedicated to serving up great Himalayan-inspired, authentic flavors of Kathmandu City for lunch and dinner,” writes the Gorkhali ownership team. When you first visit, we highly recommend getting a few appetizers to share for an introduction to the flavor profile in the kitchen. Starred starters include:
- Gobi Manchurian: Fried cauliflower florets sautéed with green onions, garlic, soy, and chili
- Mustang Aloo: Fried potatoes lightly tossed with house spices.
- Vegetable Pakora: Mix vegetable fritters banded with chickpea flour.
Want to enjoy a twist on a dish you already love? Order up the Nepalese variation on pizza, Chatamari. The item is made of a light rice flour topped with spiced ground chicken and egg. Goat Curry and Goat Vindaloo are also major staple dishes at the restaurant.
Jackfruit Curry, homemade cheese cubes stewed in tomato gravy, black lentil pancakes, spiced fried fish and more round out this tantalizing menu. Save room for dessert because the Nepalese rice pudding, and milk balls served in a sweet creamy cardamom syrup are amazing bookends for your meal.
Gorkhali is located at 10044 Cross Creek Blvd. See the full menu by visiting its website.
What to read next:
- The Strawberry Hut is the sweetest roadside stop in Florida
- The Florida aquarium launches underwater walking tours
- You can now take a brunch cruise in Tampa
- Superhero pizza and arcade opens in Clearwater
- Enjoy breakfast with elephants this August at ZooTampa
- Carnival food drive-thru opens in Tampa
- Former head pastry cook of a Michelin star bakery opens sweet shop in Tampa
- SeaGlass Tavern is building the most beautiful restaurant in Tampa