Street legal golf carts have arrived in downtown Tampa. Full credit to Tampa Bay Times reporter Sue Carlton and Tampa’s Downtown Partnership for putting Channelside Golf Carts on our radar. Channelside Rentals offers hourly rentals in the Downtown Tampa area. Enjoy the open air street legal golf cart and visit all the Tampa hot spots like Armature Works, Hyde Park, and Curtis Hixon Park. Visit their Channelside location and their friendly local staff will assist you with booking.
You must be 25 years or older to rent a vehicle, and have a valid driver’s license. A one hour rental runs $35, a 5 hour rental runs $125, and a full day rental costs $225. Pick up your four-person vehicle across the street from the marvelous Florida Aquarium and then proceed on through the wonderful streets of downtown Tampa. You can cruise from the Water Street neighborhood to the top food hubs in Tampa Heights, or venture further to the chic expanse of Hyde Park Village.
Golf carts join fleets of bikes, e-bikes, and electric scooters as alternative mobility resources in the city. The vehicles themselves are simple to operate, extraordinarily easy to park, and let you take in an open air ride to your favorite spots in the city.
The beautiful blue carts can be reserved in advance online. They first opened at the end of May, and could become the preferred new means of traversing Tampa’s downtown area going forward. The vehicles join the ever popular Tampa streetcar as a new way to experience your home.
369 S. 12th Street
What to read next:
- The Strawberry Hut is the sweetest roadside stop in Florida
- The Florida aquarium launches underwater walking tours
- You can now take a brunch cruise in Tampa
- Superhero pizza and arcade opens in Clearwater
- Enjoy breakfast with elephants this August at ZooTampa
- Carnival food drive-thru opens in Tampa
- Former head pastry cook of a Michelin star bakery opens sweet shop in Tampa
- SeaGlass Tavern is building the most beautiful restaurant in Tampa