Tampa’s Winter Village is super jubilant. This festive event features ice skating, shopping, a cafe, food vendors and more. But the hottest ticket in town has to be the newly added Winter Village Curling League. Yes, the transfixing winter olympic sport has found its way to the waterfront area of Tampa. Get out your brooms and irons, y’all.
RecRec and Shuffle Tampa are working with the Tampa Downtown Partnership and Cigar City Brewing to bring you Winter Village’s first inaugural Curling league. The league will begin Wednesday, November 30 and run through Wednesday, December 28. Games will occur every Wednesday from 6pm-10pm.
Those interested in participating can register online. It costs $200 per team. Teams play at either 6pm and 8pm or 7pm and 9pm. Located along the Tampa Riverwalk, Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park is transformed with the sights, sounds and activities of the holidays for children and adults of all ages during Winter Village.
This festive display opens November 18 and runs through January 4. Curtis Hixon Park is located at 600 N Ashley Drive.
What to read next
- Taylor Swift brings world tour to Tampa
- Seminole Heights Sunday Market returns this November
- Ballard Designs opening in Midtown Tampa
- Snowcat Ridge, a real snow park, reopens this November
- The Blend opens coffee shop in Tampa
- Top new restaurant in Tampa: Chanko in Seminole Heights