Wagamama, the iconic restaurant brand offering modern Asian cuisine, is entering new markets with its first ever Florida location in Tampa at 1050 Water Street on February 11. We enjoyed our first taste of Wagamama’s exceptional chicken and veggie gyoza during the Water Street Holiday Promenade — and it lives up to the hype.
Translated as ‘naughty child’, the full-service and high-energy dining concept is inspired by fast-paced Japanese ramen bars and showcases a fresh take on Asian plates. A signature variety of noodle dishes, ramens, shareables and craft cocktails marries a vibrant, social dining experience to serve the live-work-play district at all times of day.
Wagamama readies to make a major splash in Water Street Tampa
“It is with great excitement that we announce Wagamama’s opening in Tampa and our first location in Florida,” said Richard Flaherty, CEO of Wagamama USA. “We look forward to welcoming guests into Wagamama Tampa and offering a varied modern Asian menu that appeals to the modern consumer.”
The restaurant seeks to inspire people to get more out of life by ‘eating positively’, and prides itself in delicious food, arriving hot and ready-to-eat, in an energetic, egalitarian setting that breaks the rules of mainstream dining. The concept encourages guests to sit together at communal tables or private booths to enjoy innovative dishes and signature craft cocktails that are presented to guests hot off the wok to maximize enjoyment. Ideal for a quick, but unhurried lunch or a more leisurely dinner with family, friends or beloveds, the “place-to-be” restaurant also features an outdoor patio for gatherings large and small.
Thai chili margaritas are on the menu
The complete-service dining space offers fresh, flavorful dishes, appealing to everyone and served in a playful environment, where food is cooked to order and served straight from wok to table ─ no waiting involved. Wagamama delivers whimsical hospitality and familiarity via seasonal flavors and whole ingredients manipulated by modern methods. Specially made noodle dishes, signature ramens, fresh juices and craft cocktails bring locals and visitors alike under one high-spirited roof. Guests can enjoy mouthwatering dishes including the Spicy Salmon Teriyaki, Duck Lettuce Wraps, and Chicken Katsu Curry and sip libations such as the Thai Chili Margarita, Southside Tokyo or Kabira Bay.
Menu highlights also include:
- Tantanmen Beef Brisket Ramen – Korean beef brisket served on top of noodles with half a tea-stained egg, menma, kimchi, scallions, cilantro and bok choy in a rich chicken broth
- Pork Belly + Panko Apple Bao – fluffy Asian bao buns with pork and panko apple
- Avant Gard’n (vg) – a collaborative dish with Gaz Oakley showcases Wagamama’s approach to vegan barbecue-glazed seitan is served with a coconut and Sriracha vegan “egg,” grilled shiitake mushrooms and asparagus
- Banana Katsu – banana in panko breadcrumbs with caramel sauce and a scoop of salted caramel ice cream
Wagamama Tampa is open for lunch and dinner daily from 11am to 11pm Sunday through Thursday, and 11am until 12am on Friday and Saturdays.For more information about Wagamama, please visit its website.
More to explore at Water Street Tampa:
- Boulon Brasserie French Bistro
- Wine on Water
- The Pearl Oyster Room
- Ash, a new restaurant by Ferrell Alvarez
- Crisp & Green opening first Florida location in Water Street
- Toastique brings gourmet toast to Water Street