Tampa International Airport (TPA) just shattered its single-day passenger traffic record with more than 90,000 travelers moving through the award-winning airport on March 19. TPA officials were prepared for one of its busiest spring break seasons on record. New express lanes for passengers without checked bags, and expedited checkpoints to terminals have helped the airport handle the influx of visitors.
Before this month, the previous record travel day was 86,000 on March 20, 2022. In all, five of the busiest 10 passenger days on record have occurred in the past three weeks, according to a release from Tampa International Airport. March 18 and March 19 appear to have been the busiest weekend in TPA’s history.
TPA has its busiest weekend in airport history
“We were expecting this year’s spring break period to be record-breaking at TPA, and we haven’t been disappointed,” Airport Vice President of Operations Adam Bouchard said. “Our passenger volume is only projected to grow in the future, so we will continue to work diligently with our airline and business partners to maintain the high level of safety, service and customer satisfaction our travelers expect from Tampa International Airport.“
If you’re opting not to use a taxi/uber/lyft/generous friend to get to the airport, TPA offers online booking for parking, which has discounted pricing on its Short Term, Long Term and Economy garages, some of which may reach capacity during peak days. Online bookings also help TPA anticipate demand and manage its garage space availability, making parking easier for everyone.
TPA is also the first airport in the country to partner with UberEats. Passengers can order food in advance, and pick it up right in the terminal to avoid long lines.
New must try routes from TPA:
- TPA launches nonstop flights to Cancun
- Frontier adds new routes to Puerto Rico
- Travel to Caribbean Beaches from TPA
- TPA lands new flights to Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
- Alaska Airlines adds new flights between Tampa and San Diego
What to read next:
- Tampa named one of the greatest places in the world by TIME
- Buona bringing Italian Beef sandwich shop to Florida
- PHOTOS Inside Seaglass Tavern, one of the most beautiful restaurants in Tampa
- Manga themed tea shop opening in Tampa
- Cinnaholic, vegan cinnamon roll shop, nears opening in South Tampa