We love finding new running spots in Tampa. While we only get the chance once per year, Tampa International Airport’s runway might be our very favorite. The 5K on the runway has limited spots available, so if you’re interested then we recommend you register as soon as possible. This race takes place on April 1, 2023 and registration opens Sunday, January 15.
Early registration costs $35 and includes a cool race shirt and the opportunity to experience Tampa International Airport like few people do. Regular registration fee will increase to $40. TPA lists 5 simple rules for those participating in the race:
- Please register the kids to run or walk but no strollers, skateboards, rollerblades, bikes or pets allowed.
- Stay on the course. Anyone deviating from the course will be removed from the race.
- All participant registrations are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Selfie sticks will NOT be allowed on the runway.
- The 5K is perfect for runners of all ages and abilities. Come out, join the fun, support United Way Suncoast and see Tampa International Airport in a whole new way!
Reminder that registration is limited to 2,000 runners. The chip-timed event begins at 8am on April 1. Enjoy a run around the Best Airport in America, home of Phoebe the Flamingo, and the Best Bathroom in America.
What to read next:
- Florida State Fair announces new rides and wild desserts
- Innings Music Festival takes over Raymond James Stadium
- Photography museum opening in historic Ybor City
- Codeboxx transforms Tampa into a major tech hub
- The Gasparilla Pirate Fest Guide