Tampa is a super dog-friendly city, and very soon a pop up park for pups will arrive just outside Sparkman Wharf right next to their pretty pink “Tampa” installation. The Barking Lot’s debut date is still TBA, but it promises to provide dog owners in downtown Tampa a fun and safe spot to let their pups run around off leash.
Currently a fence is up around the area that will serve as a new lounge and hangout spot for dog owners. A giant “coming soon” banner currently greets passersby on the Streetcar and those making use of bike and scooter share in the city. The debut will complement a slew of new additions to Sparkman Wharf.
These new additions include the arrival of Ferrel Alvarez’s Lunch Lady, a new gourmet sandwich shop slinging the best shredded beef sandwich in town. That sandwich shop is situated right next door to his other Sparkman restaurant Dang Dude. Pro tip: get the ube bubble tea.
What to read next:
- The Brisket Shoppe may be the best restaurant in Tampa
- Sir Henry’s Haunted Trail returns to Plant City
- Tampa Brewery named one of the best in Florida
- Sweetgreen opening in Tampa Heights
- Shortwave Coffee officially open downtown
- Straz Center New Year’s Eve Party is a concert on the Riverwalk