It’s happening again. TIME recently named Tampa one of the greatest places in the world to visit in 2023. Our own Hyde Park was just named one of the best places to live by Niche. Money has just released its list of the 50 best places to travel to in 2023, and Tampa is on the list. Our city’s profile is blowing up.
“Each destination below gives visitors an incredible bang for their buck, and to take out all the guesswork, we’ve provided everything from estimated expenses to restaurant recommendations,” write the Money editors when explaining their methodology for the list. The listed contributing writers include Kristen Bahler, Adam Hardy, Andrea Agostini Ferrer, Erica Sweeney, Jhoni Jackson, Jill Cornfield, Julia Glum, Kaitlin Mulhere, Leslie Cook, Mallika Mitra, Mary Ellen (M.E.) Cagnassola, and Pete Grieve.
Tampa earns high marks for its variety of museums and theme parks
Writer Adam Hardy selected Tampa. “Whether you’re a craft beer lover, a cigar aficionado, a foodie or a beach bum, Tampa’s got you covered,” writes Hardy. “And if you’re looking to save money (and beat the heat), it’s best to visit the Gulf Coast gem in the fall, when you’ll dodge the crowds and inflated summer prices.”
Hardy lists the burgeoning craft beer scene, and award-winning Busch Gardens as other top reasons to visit Tampa. Our 2.6-mile-long Riverwalk, booming nightlife in Historic Ybor City, and strong variety of Museums in the downtown core also helped land Tampa on this list. The Tampa Museum of Art, Ichicoro, The Columbia Restaurant. Glazer Children’s Museum, Oxford Exchange, and Armature Works all received shout outs in the listing. Our strong local market culture also sets Tampa apart from other cities in the US.
On any given weekend you’re bound to catch live music on the Tampa Riverwalk, experience a market with 50+ local creatives selling art, baked goods and more, on any given night you can select from seeing a touring broadway sensation or catching the surging Tampa Bay Lightning live at Amalie arena. It’s hard to be bored in this city.
You can see the full listing on Money’s website.
Accolades Tampa has received in the past few years:
- 15th Best City to Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day
- Tampa Riverwalk Named 2nd Best in America
- Tampa Named Best Place to Live in Florida by Forbes
- TPA Wins Best Bathroom in America
- Money Says Tampa is One of the Best Places to Live in America
- Tampa Named a Top Foodie City in America
- Iron Gwazi Wins Best New Roller Coaster Award
- Tampa Bay Lightning Named Team of the Year
- Tampa Named Best Sports City
- TPA Named Best Large Airport in America
What to read next:
- International Food Truck Festival coming to Tampa
- Delanie’s Lemonade Stand featured on Good Morning America
- Vienna Light Orchestra performing at The Straz Center
- Seltzerland Tampa takes over Willa’s this April
- Alaturka is one of the hottest new restaurants in the Tampa Bay Area