Turkey Day is around the corner. We love sitting around a table with friends, family, and neighbors, but we mostly prefer that that table is not one in our own home. Some of the top restaurants in the city of Tampa are open on Thanksgiving Day, so you can enjoy a perfect meal with the people you love without the hassle of cooking and/or cleaning.
If you’re looking for a different way to give back, consider joining The Portico on Thanksgiving Day. They serve and share a hot meal with Tampa’s unsheltered friends. The Portico is located at 1001 N Florida Avenue. Those interested in volunteering/participating can sign up online.
Vegan diners can rejoice, too, because Pure Kitchen, and Black Radish are both offering pickup vegan Thanksgiving meals. We highly recommend ordering a pie from Sucre Table, too. It’s a world class bakery, locally-owned, in the heart of Tampa.
You can also pick up an amazing Thanksgiving meal curbside from The Columbia Restaurant in Historic Ybor City. All orders must be placed by 2pm Thursday, Nov. 17. To order, call 813.248.4961. Orders will be picked up on Wednesday, Nov. 23, at an appointed time between 11am and 6pm at the Curbside Takeout spots at each restaurant. Click HERE to see the full menu.
Lilac is a modern Mediterranean restaurant helmed by Michelin-starred chef, John Fraser. Open from Tuesday through Saturday, the dining room’s walnut flooring and the warm glow from the pendant globes create an elevated, convivial space focused around an eight-seat Christian Liaigre chef’s counter in sandblasted walnut and a lively open kitchen. Taking its cues from Fraser’s Greek heritage and his admiration of Turkish cuisine, Lilac’s balanced menu is a celebration of the chef’s vegetable-forward philosophy using fresh, seasonal, and locally sourced ingredients.
- Herb Fusilli: Poached egg, chanterelles, hazelnuts truffle-cacio e pepe
- Ora King Salmon: Florida stone crab, potato confit, mustard bearnaise
- Heritage Turkey: Leg confit, walnuts, currants, carrots, candied orange
- Braised Prime Short Rib: Hen of the woods, pistachio gremolata, medjool date bordelaise
- Apple Crostata: Burnt cinnamon ice cream, ginger crumble, saffron anglaise
Cruise 1 | Boards: 11:30am, Cruises: 12pm-2pm
Cruise 2 | Boards: 3pm, Cruises: 3:30pm-5:30pm
Cruise 3 | Boards: 6:30pm, Cruises: 7pm-9pm
603 Channelside Dr
Did we miss your restaurant? Send an email to [email protected] so we can update this list!
What to read next
- Taylor Swift brings world tour to Tampa
- Seminole Heights Sunday Market returns this November
- Ballard Designs opening in Midtown Tampa
- Snowcat Ridge, a real snow park, reopens this November
- The Blend opens coffee shop in Tampa
- Top new restaurant in Tampa: Chanko in Seminole Heights