The Tampa Edition is billed as the city’s first 5-star hotel. Its restaurant, Lilac, was recently added to the MICHELIN Guide, and it made a major splash in the city when its opening included a surprise performance by Lenny Kravitz.
“You’ll know you’re in Florida the minute you step into the lobby’s verdant forest of palm fronds,” writes Andrew Ferren in Travel + Leisure. “And you’ll know you’re at the white-hot Tampa Edition because, as a guest, you just breezed past a line of locals hoping to get in at one of the hotel’s seven dining spots, now among the city’s most coveted bookings.”
Tampa EDITION is the crown jewel of Water Street
Ferren continues, “Located in the heart of Tampa’s bustling Water Street district, the 172-room property is near major sites like the Florida Aquarium, Tampa Bay History Center, the Hillsborough River walk, and several cruise terminals. Interiors by Roman & Williams honor the brand’s penchant for white walls, clean lines, and pale woods, but are juiced up here with vibrant Floridian shades of lime green, sunshine yellow, and turquoise.”
The EDITION is the new jewel of Water Street Tampa, and who could resist snapping a photo on that now iconic spiral staircase. Its rooftop pool is also gorgeous.
A new oasis for foodies in downtown Tampa
Hotel by the numbers:
- 172 spacious guestrooms and 38 private residences
- An expansive rooftop terrace and pool deck, a first-of-its-kind for Tampa
- Numerous distinctive bars, restaurants and nightlife concepts, including signature venues from Michelin-starred Chef John Fraser
- Luxurious spa and fitness center
- Elegant and refined design concepted by ISC Design Studio in partnership with Morris Adjmi Architects, Bonetti Kozerski Architects, and Roman and Williams
You can keep up with the hotel by following it on Instagram and Facebook. The hotel is located at 500 Channelside Drive.
What to read next:
- Giant Burger Fest announced for Pasco County
- Bliss Wellness Mad Hatters party set for The Cuban Club
- TAY-Gates parties coming to Tampa for the Eras Tour
- Bern’s Steak House named one of the best restaurants in America