For those who need Florida Strawberries, there’s no better spot to visit this time of year than Plant City, a pretty quick drive from downtown Tampa. If you visit just one spot for your strawberry fix this summer we highly recommend you pull up to The Strawberry Hut, a little roadside spot that’s been serving tasty Cuban sandwiches and beautiful strawberry shakes since 1993.
Local have voted Strawberry Hut for best Cuban for more than a decade straight. The team behind the counter has even crafted a 3-foot-long Cuban sandwich. It’s no surprise that the cute hut’s menu include sensational strawberry shortcake. A most clutch beverage during the hot summer months is The Hurricane. These drinks pack a maelstrom of sweetness, are made with real fruit and candy including peanut butter cup, Oreo, Butterfinger, M&M, strawberry, pineapple, and banana.
Indulge in foot-long Cubans at their adorable picnic tables, sample the Spanish bean soup, a family recipe, and just enjoy a business that has served the community for nearly 30 years. The Strawberry Hut operates tw locations:
- 743 E Memorial Blvd, Lakeland
- 1505 N Wheeler St, Plant City
If you know you’re headed out that way you can always order in advance online. Owners Troy and Betty Wilson made the decision to expand the Strawberry Hut back in 2014.
What to read next:
- Virgin Atlantic announces new flights from TPA to London
- The pizza skiff delivers pizzas to boaters and beachgoers in Tampa Bay
- Paul Bettany, star of WandaVision, will be in attendance at Tampa Bay Comic Convention
- Tampa to celebrate 135th birthday with huge party at WaterWorks Park
- Geo’s, a champagne lounge, is opening in Ybor City