Open wide because Smashburger is planning a huge expansion in the Tampa area. Those perfectly caramelized patties have tantalized the taste buds of fast casual diners across the country. Tampa remains a major target market for restaurants, so it’s no surprise Smashburger is looking to increase its footprint here in Florida.
Smashburger, the better burger fast-casual restaurant, will add 15 new locations in and near Tampa, Florida, under a recently signed Development Agreement with one of its franchisees. The agreement was reached with Jiandong “Peter” Xu of TLC Gourmet Food International, now operates two Smashburger locations in Tampa.
“I’m thrilled to take this next step in my journey with Smashburger,” said Xu in a press release. “It’s an exciting concept that has elevated fast-casual dining with the highest-quality food served in a fun, engaging atmosphere. I love being part of the Smashburger brand, and I can’t wait to get started bringing more of it to the Tampa area.”
These anticipated 15 new locations will debut across areas such as Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas, and Sarasota counties.
Xu is one of Smashburger’s most prolific franchisees. Besides the two existing Tampa locations, he also owns five Smashburgers in the Philadelphia-area, and recently signed a Development Agreement for three more in Pennsylvania’s Lehigh Valley.
“We are happy for Peter and delighted at this opportunity to strengthen our presence in the Florida market,” said Carl Bachmann, President of Smashburger. “Florida is growing every day as thousands of new residents seek its relaxed lifestyle and sunny economic climate, and we are proud to grow with it.”
What to read next:
- Howard Frankland Bridge expansion to be completed by 2025
- Flirt Wax Bar brings laser hair removal, microblading to South Tampa
- Brightline eyes Ybor City for new train terminal
- Crumbl Cookies opening new location in South Tampa
- Adam Sandler performs live in Tampa this November
- New Sunday Market announced for Westshore Marina District
- Oxford Exchange celebrates 10th anniversary
- Rays offering discounted tickets for final home stand