Skipper’s Smokehouse, a live music institution in Tampa, has announced that it will reopen after closing last year.
This is a good day in Tampa. Residents were heartbroken when the hub for good beer and live music closed its doors. Tampa’s premier venue for live music since 1980 is ready to come back. The owners made an announcement on Facebook:
“The moment you’ve been waiting for (we hope!) has arrived. We are ready to make old memories new again with Y O U!Skipper’s Smokehouse is coming back version 2.0.”
Skipper’s Smokehouse is ready to bring music back to Tampa
It’s not open just yet. The crew has a ton of work to do ahead of Skipper’s debut. Here’s a message from Skipper’s:
“First things first – we are NOT open yet. Please DO NOT come to Skipper’s now. We are just as eager as you are to be back but, we have a lot of work underway – you will not be allowed to enter at this time and will be kindly asked to leave. Our folks are working daily to get everything completed – the sooner it is completed, the sooner we can open the doors and welcome you in. We ask that you to be patient with us until we are done with what we are working so hard to give you. We really appreciate your respect on this one.”
For the Skipper’s team, this is all a labor of love. They listened to their diehard fanbase in Tampa who missed them dearly.
“We have made the decision to reopen the iconic music venue, restaurant, and oyster bar. It will be better than ever! The community has spoken, screamed, begged, and pleaded – we heard you. We love you. We have spent the last couple of months working feverishly to create the next chapter of Skipper’s Smokehouse, Skipper’s 2.0 as we are affectionately referring to it. Shows are being booked. New colors are on the walls everywhere you look. There will be so many improvements to our facilities and the way we operate – we hope that the community will come out and support this endeavor that they have cried out to have back in their lives.”
Protocols once Skipper’s reopens
- There will be music – they don’t have an exact date for their first show yet, but it will return.
- There will be mask wearing when not seated.
- There will be a masked up safe zone for those who desire to remain masked during shows.
- Skipper’s will take credit cards at the outside bars!
- They will take reservations!
- They’ll be open Thursday through Sunday only.
- Skipper’s will have a new, smaller menu – not to worry, many favorites remain with a few surprises.
- Many staff will be returning, and they need to hire more!
- Skipper’s will be a non-smoking venue.
- There’s no exact reopening date – follower Skipper’s social media pages for updates
Skipper’s Smokehouse is located at 910 Skipper Road.
Do you remember the last concert you saw at Skipper’s?
What to read next: