Tampa is a city of film lovers, and a brand new microcinema in historic Ybor City has just debuted to bring beloved cult classics back to life. Screen Door is noted as Tampa’s first Microcinema, and it’s located in the Historic Kress building located at 1624 E. 7th Ave. 2nd Floor #228. This puts it on Ybor’s main corridor near spots such as Revolve Clothing Exchange, Blind Tiger, NYNY Pizza, and the main Centro area.
Screen Door debuted during Halloween Weekend in Ybor City and showcased top tier horror classics. This 38-seat cinema is for anyone looking to reengage with the titles that made them fall in love with the medium, or for anyone looking to dive deep beyond the Criterion Collection.
Here’s a quick look at the upcoming November film schedule:
- Thursday 11/10 Cracker Crazy: Invisible Histories of the Sunshine State (2007)
- Friday 11/11 Deathdream(1974)
- Saturday 11/12 My First Movie: Wes Anderson’s Bottle Rocket(1996)
- Sunday 11/13 One-Eyed Jacks(1961)
- Thursday 11/17 Home for the Holidays(1995)
- Friday 11/18 Haxan(1922) w/ live music accompaniment
- Saturday 11/19 Planes, Trains and Automobiles(1987)
- Sunday 11/20 Addams Family Values(1993)
- Friday 11/25 Black Christmas(1974)
You can keep up with the full film schedule by following Screen Door on Facebook.
What to read next
- Taylor Swift brings world tour to Tampa
- Seminole Heights Sunday Market returns this November
- Ballard Designs opening in Midtown Tampa
- Snowcat Ridge, a real snow park, reopens this November
- The Blend opens coffee shop in Tampa
- Top new restaurant in Tampa: Chanko in Seminole Heights