Rock the Park Tampa is a monthly staple at Curtis Hixon Park. Local bands perform for captivated crowds just along the bustling stretch of the Tampa Riverwalk that connects Tampa Heights and the Water Street neighborhood. Rock the Park of course predates so much for the boom in the city of Tampa.
The monthly live music series has been a part of the city of Tampa for 12 years. The Tampa Downtown Partnership began the free monthly music series as a way to showcase musical talents of all genres in the heart of the city. In January 2022 the series officially returned after going virtual during the pandemic.
Live concerts in Tampa’s top park
This 12th Anniversary show is set for Thursday, August 4 at 6:30pm. Roxx Revolt and The Velvets are set to headline the event. The next concert is set for September 1 at 6:30pm with Kind Villain and Sydlive, and again on October 6 with Navin Avenue.
Each concert also features a local food truck to feed all those hungry music lovers. You can see a full calendar of concerts by visiting Rock the Park’s Facebook page.
Tampa’s Streetcar Live music series (concerts on a historic trolley!) also returned earlier this summer.
What to read next:
- The Strawberry Hut is the sweetest roadside stop in Florida
- The Florida aquarium launches underwater walking tours
- You can now take a brunch cruise in Tampa
- Superhero pizza and arcade opens in Clearwater
- Enjoy breakfast with elephants this August at ZooTampa
- Carnival food drive-thru opens in Tampa
- Former head pastry cook of a Michelin star bakery opens sweet shop in Tampa
- SeaGlass Tavern is building the most beautiful restaurant in Tampa