UPDATE: Rocco’s Tacos is officially open. The restaurant hosted its grand opening on Feb. 12 to an eager, ravenous local audience. For those who believe Tacos are life, this is a big deal. Rocco’s Tacos is open from 5pm to 2am during the week. Weekend hours vary.
The year is almost over and our excitement for the imminent arrival of Rocco’s Tacos at the International Mall is reaching a boiling point. For months the concept has teased its debut to eager Tampa residents and the steady flow of holiday shoppers.
The iconic sign arrived just a little over a month ago and it seems that with its arrival Rocco’s opening will be soon at hand. It’s expected to debut within the first two months of 2018 — hopefully in time for Valentine’s Day.
Rocco’s Tacos and Tequila Bar offers authentic Mexican cuisine. The restaurant has locations in West Palm Beach, Delray Beach, Brooklyn, Orlando, Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale and Palm Beach Gardens. Soon, it will add the International Mall in Tampa to the list (2223 NW Shore Boulevard).
Late night bites and a legendary brunch
Rocco’s is a hub for late night bites. The kitchen and tequila bar stay open until 2am on a nightly basis. The cuisine also caters to contemporary preferences. Rocco’s offers a killer brunch menu, which includes avocado toast, fuego chicken and waffles and a wet burrito — scrambled eggs, rajas, bacon, potatoes, cheese, guacamole, pico de gallo, sour cream and salsa roja.
Endless Bloody Marys and mimosas are also available during brunch. Rocco’s offers a feast for the eyes with guac prepared tableside, paired with their famous chips. The restaurant’s extensive cocktail list is the true standout.
Essential drinks to experience:
- Black Diamond Rita — Maestro Dobel Diamond, black cherry puree, simple syrup, fresh lime juice, garnished with black sea salt.
- Watermelon Kiss Margarita — Herradura Silver, fresh squeezed lime juice, agave nectar, watermelon puree, sugar rimmed glass.
- Brazilian Caipirinha — Leblon, simple syrup, fresh squeezed lime juice.
- Casamigos Lemonade — Casamigos Blanco, muddled lemons, agave nectar, club soda.
- Mexican Mule — Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Fever Tree Ginger Beer, fresh squeezed lime juice.
Follow Rocco’s Tacos on Facebook for updates on an official opening.