Local Mini Donut Company is a family-owned operation serving up mini, but mighty, morning treats. The delectable donut purveyors are posted up in a mural wrapped food truck just outside City Hall at 411 N Florida Ave. They’ve served the Tampa area for years, and have quickly evolved into a sunrise staple for myriad downtown workers.
Owners Peter and Gabi Hogaboom rotate the menu every week with sensational specials such as Lemon Cheesecake, Cotton Candy, and Toasted S’mores. Some folks like their cereal in a bowl with milk, but we prefer our Fruity Pebbles stacked on top of a piping hot donut with strawberry frosting. But what’s a donut without coffee? Listen, this blogger is in the “DUNK THAT DONUT” party and I don’t plan on exiting anytime soon. Order up a gorgeous latte and dip a maple glazed treat inside for that perfect first bite.
“Local Mini Donut Co was founded out of our love and passion for catering delicious food made with only the freshest ingredients to our local communities,” write the Hogabooms. “We pride ourselves in creating flavors that will make your mouth sing.”
Birthday Cake? Nah. Mini Donut Birthday Cake? Heck yes, and thank you, please. This donut truck is as renowned for its presentation as it is for its donuts. Just check their IG feed and feast your eyes on glorious, sprinkle coated cakes stacked high. If you’re wondering, then yes, this company caters. You can learn more about their catering services on the Local Mini Donut Company’s website.
We’d be remiss if we didn’t mention that this donut truck also offers donuts for pups, too. Peter and Gabi Hogaboom have been slinging sweets in Tampa for nearly two years, and this local treasure is one you need to add to your must-visit list.
Craving more local donut news:
- Hidden Gems: Simply Done Donuts
- Nicola’s Donuts opens second location in Tampa
- Supernatural Food & Wine serves up cider donuts
What to read next:
- The Strawberry Hut is the sweetest roadside stop in Florida
- The Florida aquarium launches underwater walking tours
- You can now take a brunch cruise in Tampa
- Superhero pizza and arcade opens in Clearwater
- Enjoy breakfast with elephants this August at ZooTampa
- Carnival food drive-thru opens in Tampa
- Former head pastry cook of a Michelin star bakery opens sweet shop in Tampa
- SeaGlass Tavern is building the most beautiful restaurant in Tampa