Tampa loves to celebrate the 4th of July. This year will feature a huge boat parade, live music on the waterfront, a boat parade and so much more. While celebrating is always a good time, it’s also important to do our part to celebrate responsibly. That’s why Keep Tampa Bay Beautiful hosts an annual “After the 4th” cleanup across the city. Everyone is invited to join their fellow Tampa Bay residents in helping to protect our waterways from becoming an explosion of unsightly litter.
Keep Tampa Bay Beautiful provides a unique experience for groups to make a local impact in their community. A fact from KTBB: 80% of all litter on land will end up in our waterways. By taking a proactive approach, the entire community can make a big impact in the city of Tampa. The cleanups will happen at a few locations,:
- 1. Courtney Campbell Causeway South Trail — 8549-8597 Campbell Causeway Access Rd S Tampa, FL 33615
- 2. Ben T. Davis — 7798 W Courtney Campbell Causeway, Tampa, FL 33607
- 3. Cypress Point Park– 5620 W Cypress St Tampa, FL 33607
Those in attendance should bring sunscreen, hat/sunglasses, protective footwear, and a reusable water bottle. Trash bags, water and soft gloves will be provided. There will be a slew of promotional giveaways available while supplies last.
Check in begins at 8am on Tuesday, July 5 at each cleanup location. The event will run until 11am. Those interested in participating can learn more and register online.
What to read next:
- Kate opens massive open air shipping container entertainment hub in Wesley Chapel
- Bread on the Bay is the newest sandwich shop in Ybor City
- Tampa Theatre to host summer classics series
- Sushi Go opening near Water Street Tampa
- MochiNut announces official opening date in Temple Terrace
- Anna Maria Island named one of the best beach towns in America