Tampa is for donut lovers. There are so many exceptional sweet sunrise shops to choose from that it’s hard to comfortably pick just one in the morning. Tampa’s own Hole In One Donuts was in the top 50 best donut shops in America. Yelp aggregated reviews from across the country, broke down baking trends and key words used in donut reviews, and made a list based off of the thousands upon thousands of recommendations for shops across the nation.
Hole in One Donuts is celebrated for its breakfast sandwiches served on fresh pressed Cuban bread, its giant apple fritters, glazed twists, and chocolate covered glazed croissants. While Hole In One’s Tampa location made the list, they operate multiple locations across Hillsborough County:
- 14406 N Florida Ave, Tampa
- 39024 U.S. Highway 19 N., Tarpon Springs
- 1113 W Dr Martin Luther King Jr Blvd., Seffner
- 410 N Alexander St, Plant City
- 923 Lithia Pinecrest Rd, Brandon
“If you go, I highly recommend the strawberry cake donut – it’s soft and moist and perfectly crunchy rounded edges… it’s by far one of the best cake donuts I’ve ever had,” writes Kristen M in her 5-star review of the donut shop. “I think about it often *stares longingly out window wishing for donuts*”
“Every single donut I’ve had has had the perfect texture. They’re all super plump, soft, light, and overall oh-so-satisfying. My favorites are definitely the apple fritters and pumpkin donuts, they’re both amazing,” writes Anna P. in another 5-star review.
Lauren C. writes “the strawberry cake donut and maple glazed were out of this world! So light and delicious! I’d go back for a dozen of those weekly.”
What to read next
- The top New Year’s Eve events in Tampa Bay
- The Pearl Oyster Room begins hiring for Water Street restaurant
- Pete’s all-day cafe and wine bar opening in Ybor
- Tampa’s Festival of Lights is the most stunning holiday lights display in the area