With the closing of several Winn Dixie stores by parent company, Southeastern Grocers, two in Tampa are planned for conversion into Fresco y Más.
Fresco y Mas are groceries generally targeted towards the Hispanic market that offers a more authentic experience towards the culture, according to Supermarket News. No specific locations have been announced but their slated open in April.
Fresco y Más has been quite successful with 11 stores in several markets and describes itself as having Fresh Hispanic favorites in produce, meat and bakery. Shoppers will immediately notice enhancements throughout the new Fresco y Más stores, including:
- An all-new, full-service Latin butcher shop (Carniceria) offering an expanded selection of fresh, custom cut meats
- Refreshed produce department featuring a farmer’s market setting with a wider selection of tropical fruits.
- A new “Cocina” (kitchen) offering daily specials of freshly prepared family favorites made from scratch.
- A Dollar Zone where customers can get over 600 everyday essentials for just $1, from grocery and cleaning to health and beauty.
- An all-new café with expanded seating area serving authentic Hispanic breakfast, pastries, drinks and hot and cold sandwiches.
- An additional Wall of Value section featuring weekly specials on popular items customers purchase most.
- More than 500 new Hispanic items available across several departments.
A new custom façade and vibrant yellow colors with bi-lingual signage throughout the store.
Stay tuned for updates.