It’s alway a party at Grove SOHO. The vibrant energy of the owners is matched by the highly photogenic tropical oasis they’ve built in South Tampa. Grove’s new tiki bar held its grand opening on January 21. That party included a pig roast and an array of the most Instagrammable, TikTok-able cocktails we’ve ever seen. The drink that clearly stole the show is Joe vs The Volcano, a massive concoction for at least four drinkers served in a specialty glass. It’s made with light rum, dark rum, house-made orgeat, house made lavender syrup, pineapple juice, and grenadine. It’s all served with a flaming lime boat.
Located at 406 S Howard Ave, Grove is far more than just a cocktail hub. The menu includes light delights such as Szechuan tofu salad, coco veggie noodles with buffalo cauliflower, tropical buffalo pork, and mojo edamame. Diners can also build their own Hawaiian bowls, or order something sweet like the pineapple brioche bread pudding.
There are a huge number of tropical cocktails to choose from, so we’re just going to list a few that caught our attention:
- An Ode to Donn: Specialty Glass. Iconic Tiki cocktail made with Bacardi 4 year, Havana Club Anejo, orange liqueur, and fresh citrus juices.
- Agave Colada: Specialty Glass. A smoky riff on a Pina Colada featuring coconut tequila, mezcal, coconut cream, and pineapple juice.
- Honolulu Hangover: Help make the pain go away with dark rum, over proof rum, pineapple juice, orange juice, and coconut cream.
- Hawayee 5-0: A 50’s classic featuring coconut rum, blue curacao, orange juice, and pineapple juice.
- Patio Pounder: Peach & rosemary vodka, lemonade, lavender simple syrup, pea flower extract. Extremely crushable.
- Ghost Ship: Grove’s take on the Fog Cutter, combining rum, gin, brandy, lime juice, orange juice, lavender syrup, and sherry cream.
Grove offers two mocktails: a lavender orgeat lemonade, and a nada colada. Keep up with the newest tiki hangout in Tampa on Instagram.
What to read next:
- The Rollin’ Mullet opens in February in Seminole Heights
- Florida State Fair announces new rides and wild desserts
- Innings Music Festival takes over Raymond James Stadium
- Photography museum opening in historic Ybor City
- Codeboxx transforms Tampa into a major tech hub
- The Gasparilla Pirate Fest Guide