The Florida State Fair is a food extravaganza unlike any other, and the organizers have just revealed a lineup of wild dessert hybrids we thought we’d never see on a menu. From Mexican street corn sundaes and funnel cake cuban sandwiches to thrill shows, racing pigs, trapeze artists and performing otters, we’ve got all the excitement of the 2023 Fair headed your way. This is your final weekend to save the over-the-top flavors of the fair.
Each year, exhibitors go out of their way up to up the ante on the unreal thrills and treats available at the fair. It’s not called the fried food capital of the world for nothing.
The new treats you need to try include:
- The Walkin’ Nacho Dog: Combine a classic hotdog with nacho toppings to satisfy all salty and savory cravings.
- Mexican Street Corn Sundae: Top fresh cut fries with chile con queso, sweet corn, cilantro lime crema, crushed corn chips and cheese and more!
- Fried Key Lime Pie: How do you incorporate the classic flavors of a key lime pie into a fair-centric dessert? Pile key lime pie filling, graham crackers and buttercream frosting atop mini donuts.
- Tampa Cuban Funnel Cake Sandwich: Made just for the Florida State Fair! Place the contents of a traditional cuban between two funnel cakes and top with a donut glaze for the ultimate Tampa X Fair creation!
The festivities this year include tons of live music, wild thrill rides and family-friendly entertainments. This is a carnival unlike any other. Glide down the electric slide, visit livestock exhibitors, witness pie and plant competitions, and step back in time at cracker country.
Florida State Fair runs through February 20. You can get your tickets in advance online now.
One must see event at the fair is the Circus Hollywood. It’s a classic circus while providing a new, modern twist sure to the delight people of all ages. You can check out this event under the big top at The Florida State Fair.
There will also be an otter adventure, a hot glass demonstration, dragon tamers with Mythic Creatures, grand illusion shows, racing pigs, a cycle circus, daredevil performances, and tons of live music performances.
Florida State Fairgrounds is located at 4800 US Hwy. 301 North. Visit the State Fair’s website for more information.
What to read next:
- The Peach Cobbler Factory announces grand opening
- PopStroke brings Tiger Woods’ designed mini golf course to Tampa Bay
- Finalists for Flamingo contest revealed at TPA
- Busch Gardens unveils new Springs Taproom