FIFA just announced the host cities for the 2026 World Cup, and Miami is on the list. Yes, it’s about a 4 hour drive from Tampa, but this global sports sensation is so worth the trip. You have a few years to plan your route there.
FIFA announced on Thursday which 16 cities across the United States, Mexico and Canada will host matches for the 2026 World Cup in North America. FIFA completed visits to all candidate cities in November, 2021.
The selected cities are:
- San Francisco
- Los Angeles
- Kansas City
- Mexico City
- New York/New Jersey
Specific sites for each round will be announced later. Who’s ready for some fine soccer in the state of Florida? Need your local soccer fix now? Don’t forget to cheer on your local Tampa Bay Rowdies.
What to read next:
- The ultimate Tampa summer market guide
- Kate opens massive open air shipping container entertainment hub in Wesley Chapel
- Bread on the Bay is the newest sandwich shop in Ybor City
- Tampa Theatre to host summer classics series
- Sushi Go opening near Water Street Tampa
- MochiNut announces official opening date in Temple Terrace
- Anna Maria Island named one of the best beach towns in America