Coffee Uniting People (CUP) is set to open very soon in Tampa, and it’s a first of its kind in the Tampa area. CUP will provide secure and successful jobs for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in an inclusive workplace.
CUP is a project by attorney Greg Jones. Jones is teaming up with Stephanie Williams to give employment options to people who need them. They will open their first non-profit coffee house in South Tampa in early 2023. CUP is about inclusion, acceptance and opportunity for people of all abilities.
The owners’ involvement with Challenger Baseball (baseball that includes children with disabilities) opened their eyes to the significant need for inclusion at all ages and into adulthood. 80% of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities are unemployed, according to the CUP Founders.
CUP’s first location will be 3408 South Dale Mabry Highway. An opening date is still TBA. You can follow the cafe on its website for updates. If you’d like to support the organization ahead of its official opening, you can do so online.
What to read next:
- The Brisket Shoppe may be the best restaurant in Tampa
- Sir Henry’s Haunted Trail returns to Plant City
- Tampa Brewery named one of the best in Florida
- Sweetgreen opening in Tampa Heights
- Shortwave Coffee officially open downtown
- Straz Center New Year’s Eve Party is a concert on the Riverwalk