We are always on the hunt for a new spot to enjoy Cuban sandwiches and cafe con leche. In truth, our favorite spot remains The Flan Factory and their award-winning Cuban sandwich, but a new spot out in Riverview is now heavily on our radar. Box of Cubans was originally founded in 2017, but hosted a grand opening for their brand new location at 10451 Gibsonton Drive on July 5. The owners have taken pride in sharing the recipes of their families with the greater Tampa Bay region.
The restaurant’s lechon breakfast sandwich features sauteed onions, and Swiss cheese wrapped in a fluffy omelette on Cuban bread. It’s garnered attention since the concept first debuted, and now is a neighborhood staple amongst visitors. Box of Cubans sandwich selection is its claim to fame. Below you’ll find a few of the must try gourmet sammies when you visit:
- Pan Con Bistec: Palomilla steak marinated in mojo, sauteed onions, fresh lettuce, tomatoes, potato sticks, topped with cilantro sauce and mayo.
- Mojito Pork: House Marinated Lechon, sauteed onions, Swiss cheese, pickled jalapeños, cilantro sauce, and mayo
- Chopped Cheeseburger: Angus ground beef chopped with sautéed onions, melted American cheese, fresh lettuce, tomatoes, mayo, and ketchup.
- Ham Croquette: Ham croquettes, Serrano ham, Swiss cheese, pickles, and mustard.
This restaurant also serves up guava and cream cheese, and banana and Nutella empanadas, and famous hearty Cuban bowls with toasted Cuban bread.
“Our commitment is to cook from scratch, no shortcuts so our customers can enjoy the Sandwiches, Empanadas, Rice bowls and Cuban coffee but more importantly, experience the authenticity and freshness that our Abuela’s taught us,” write the owners in Box Of Cubans mission statement.
What to read next:
- The Strawberry Hut is the sweetest roadside stop in Florida
- The Florida aquarium launches underwater walking tours
- You can now take a brunch cruise in Tampa
- Superhero pizza and arcade opens in Clearwater
- Enjoy breakfast with elephants this August at ZooTampa
- Carnival food drive-thru opens in Tampa
- Former head pastry cook of a Michelin star bakery opens sweet shop in Tampa
- SeaGlass Tavern is building the most beautiful restaurant in Tampa