Acapulco Taqueria is back. The spot for this blogger’s favorite Mexican cuisine has officially reopened at 1001 N MacDill Avenue. It took a brief hiatus much to the chagrin of so many in the Tampa community. The original location served both as a bodega and a taqueria. This family-owned shop features just a few folks in a small kitchen whipping up the top tacos in town right before your eyes.
Reddit threads previously speculated on the future of Acapulco. So when the taqueria began posting again in the fall of 2022, our appetites and hopes came back alive. Acapulco officially reopened to the public on November 8. Their sensational quesabirria, roast pork tostadas, and pescado Acapulco bowls need to be on your local foodie radar.
You can order for pickup in advance online. It’s been a couple of years since I’ve visited Acapulco Taqueria, so here are a few menu additions that have caught my eye:
- Marinated chorizo tacos topped with cilantro and onions
- Cecina (beefsteak) tacos
- Fajita tacos featuring steak marinated in pineapple juice and soy sauce
- Camarones (shrimp) tacos covered in pico de gallo
- Savory birria burritos
An array of Mexican candies, snacks and beers are available for purchase in the grocery area as well.
What to read next:
- Bay Rocket Launches in downtown Tampa
- Epicurean to host Feast of the Seven Fishes
- Experience Shadrack’s 1 mile of Christmas Lights
- Large Rodin masterpieces arrive at Museum of Fine Arts in St. Pete